Responsible to: Games Development Manager in both Counties
Duration of Post: Appointment initially on a shared 19.5hrs per week. Subject to funding the hours maybe increased to a maximum of 39 per week.
1. JOB PURPOSE
The Hurling Games Development Officer will be responsible for developing and delivering programmes and initiatives to maximise participation and improve playing standards in hurling at all levels within both Counties. The post-holder will be required to deliver innovative activities which will benefit the development of hurling in a club, school and County environment.
2. MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
– To deliver fundamentals programme as an introduction to hurling through clubs and schools.
– To co-ordinate the delivery of GAA coaching courses in clubs and schools.
– To assist in the design and delivery of an ongoing coach education programme.
– To develop relationships with key agencies in the delivery of Gaelic Games.
– To deliver in-service courses for recognised groups.
– To oversee the progression of development squads in both Counties
– To assist clubs in maximising participation through the design of activities and delivery of workshops.
– To liaise with schools and clubs to develop an annual underage indoor hurling initiative.
– To developLeitrim / Longford cross County competitions at various age groups.
– To present at workshops as requested.
– To carry out the administration related to coach education, playing and performance elements of the post.
– Report directly to the Games Manager in each County and prepare a quarterly report to each County Executive.
– Attend meetings of Coaching & Games Development Committee
– Provide information for the updating of MIS on a weekly basis.
– Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
This work programme is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication for the areas of work to be undertaken and will be amended in light of the changing needs of both Counties.
LIATROIM / LONGFORT
CUMANN LUTHCHLEAS GAEL
LEITRIM / LONGFORD
COUNTY BOARDS GAA
JOB TITLE: Hurling Development Officer
This post is supported by funding from both Connacht & Leinster GAA.
The post-holder will be a highly motivated self-starter with a deep understanding of the issues affecting the game of hurling in both Counties. The successful candidate will be required to possess at least a Level one coaching qualification in hurling and demonstrable experience in Sports Development which will enable them to develop and implementa Strategic Plan for Hurling Development in both Counties.
Qualifications and Attainments
Level 1 coaching qualification in hurling.
Information technology and word processing skills.
Level 2 coaching qualification.
Knowledge of the history/ background and the current issues facing hurling inboth Leitrim and Longford
Experience in a sports related environment. For example sports development, administration, management or education.
The ability to relate strategic policies to implementation stage.
Demonstrable written and oral presentational and nÓgotiating skills.
Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
A knowledge of the GAA coaching structures and modern sports practices.
Ability to act on personal initiative and take decisions within policy.
Excellent qualities of judgement and reasoning.
Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
Must have a full clean license with own mode of transport
Prepared to attend workshops, meetings etc. at nÓght.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 5pm on Friday, 11th December 2015.