PRO ( Club Public Relations Officer )
Person holding this position is responsible for the quality of publicity given to the Club and the GAA as an organisation. He/She is the link with the general public on behalf of the Club.
1. Make sure to have a weekly club column published
2. Submit an article and a fixtures list on a weekly basis by the local paper deadline
3. Submit results weekly
4. Submit articles on GAA activities re social events, presentations, features on ongoing club activities, features on individual players both club and inter-county, colleges and interfirms etc..
5. Submit quality photographs for publication
6. Report on Club AGM
7. Publicise material on matters such as fund-raising activities, special development projects, co-operation with other organisations in community projects
8. Prepare an Annual Report and present it to the Club AGM
Publications covering the general club/community area
Arrange with editors of local publications ( local paper notes, chuch bulletins,local radio etc ) to include articles of interest. Arrange with local radio to have club events included in sports programmes on a regular basis.
General work methods:
Operate a system whereby the club PRO or Runai supplies the County PRO with information on a regular basis.
Provide the National PRO with information on a regular basis.
Work as a team with other Club Officers
All information for publication should come through the PRO.
Encourage the Club to have a high standard in its presentation of games, functions and other events.
Present Cumann Luthlhleas Gael in the best possible light.
Use AnÓgaeilge when possible.
Those are a few of the general ongoings for a Club PRO and a more detailed job spec will be made available at the upcoming training for club officers.
30-Dec-07 by PJ Meehan – Development Officer