Games Promotion Officer – Leitrim GAA
The GAA is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and more than 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired and supported by the voluntary efforts of its members, the GAA is focused on the development and promotion of Gaelic Games and culture on the island of Ireland and in local communities.
Connacht GAA in conjunction with Leitrim GAA County Board wishes to recruit a Games Promotion Officer. The successful candidate will have responsibility for overseeing the implementation of agreed GAA games development policies and programmes in Leitrim.
- Organise, coordinate and implement (where necessary) a series of Games and Skill Development projects as outlined by the County coaching committee and the County Games Development Manager.
- Report on implementation of the projects on a regular basis, and particularly ensure data relating to the implementation of the projects is available on a quarterly basis through use of the GAA Games Development Information Management System (MIS).
- Maintain key lines of communication with project stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
- Complete any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the County Games Development Manager, Designated Co. Officer or the County Games Development Committee.
- Excellent Gaelic football coaching skills with a minimum of 3 years practical experience
- Have attained Award 1 standard coaching qualification
- Qualified GAA tutor (desirable)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Administrative and IT Skills are required
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Ability to build and sustainÓgood relationships and manÓge conflict
- Ability to manÓge projects and deadlines; hands-on approach to getting things done.
Other specific requirements
- Own car with a full clean driving license;
- Ability to work and attend evening and weekend meeting/activities in addition to normal day to day activities.
- Have completed the GAA Child Protection in Sport awareness programme
- Be Garda vetted through the GAA
Candidates interested in the above role should apply by sending a cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3pm on 14th March 2016
01-Mar-16 by Declan Bohan – PRO