High Catch :
The high catch is performed in the following sequence:
- Eyes on ball,
- Adjust feet to move into its flight path,
- Then Jump off one leg and bend the opposite knee upwards to hip level for balance and protection
- As the ball approaches reach to meet it with your hands cupped and fingers pointing upwards. Spread the thumbs at the back in W formation
- Younger players may need to have more of a gap between each thumb.
- Aim to catch the ball at the highest point of your jump.
- Land on the same foot as you jumped off & continue in a forward motion
- At the same time Secure the ball to your body
(a) Bad timing
(b) Eyes not on ball.
(c) Not jumping high enough