Skills – Level 1 – 8 Core Skills – Breakdown
1 – Punt Kick:
- Move forward holding the ball in both hands.
- Release the ball in the hand on the same side as the foot been used to solo (right hand, right foot and left hand, left foot)
- Opposite arm out from body for balance and to hold opposition off.
- Drop the ball from hip height or below towards instep of the foot, keep eye on ball, start the kicking leg swing with knee bent.
- Strike the ball through the centre point with instep and toes down.
- Foot connection with ball should be below the height of the knee (shin) on the supporting leg.
- Follow through completely before lifting head for accuracy and distance.
(a) Eyes not on ball
(b) No follow through
(c) Lifting head to early – Do not lift head until after follow through
(d) toes pointed up
(e) Ball drop too high