Leitrim Volunteer Centre, Carrick on Shannon
We would like to introduce the newly established Leitrim Volunteer Centre.
The centre was launched by Minister Joe O’Brien on May 18th. Now that we’re up and running we would like to introduce ourselves and our services.
If you have any queries or suggestions please give us a call on 071 9622537, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Josephine – Centre Manager, Orla – Garda Vetting Officer and Charlotte – Placement Officer are available to you, providing the following services:
- Advertising and promoting volunteer opportunities for all non-profit organisations in the county. We use our i-vol database to reach hundreds of volunteers in Leitrim:
- Providing training on finding, retaining and managing volunteers.
- Providing ongoing information, advice and support on working with volunteers.
- We provide a Garda Vetting service.
If you are involved in any not-for-profit community group and need volunteers, please register with us on www.i-vol.ie
If you like to become a volunteer, you too can register on www.i-vol.ie
Currently we are seeking volunteers for the following roles:
- Mentor with Foroige’s Big Brother Big Sister Programme;
- Retail Assistant at the NCBI Shop;
- Chef, Drivers and Gardener at Glenfarne Community Development;
- Call Operators with Leitrim Calling and Rossinver Community Development,
- Befriender to Older People with Leitrim Development Company;
- Conversational English language tutor with Failte Isteach;
- Facilitator and Board Member with Smart Recovery Ireland;
- Tidy Towns Assistant in Drumsna;
- Board Member with the Carrick Family Life Centre;
- Social Media Assistant with Leitrim Volunteer Centre
- Reserve Driver with Childhood Days.